Why use a contract writer or other professional?
For special projects or overflow work, hiring a contract writer or other professional makes good business sense.
- With a contract professional, you only pay for the time they work.
- Expenses normally incurred with a full-time permanent employee, such as benefits, taxes, office space, equipment, and training are nonexistent.
- What’s more, a contract professional can bring valuable expertise and a fresh perspective to your project.
Why use WAI to find a writer or other professional for your project?
It’s simple—we’re expert staffing specialists. With over 20 years of experience in the professional staffing business, and our database of more than 25,000 talented, pre-screened professionals who provide technical writing, copywriting, editing, graphic design, illustration, instructional design, and medical writing services nationwide and around the globe, WAI is uniquely qualified to match the right professional to your project.
Why waste time and money searching, screening, interviewing and training a novice, or investing in someone who lacks your industry experience? We can save you the hassle and expense. We’ve got specialized professionals close by who are ready to go to work for you. All WAI professionals are talented, experienced, and ready to step in when you need them.
The result? Your project will be effectively and efficiently completed to your exact standards.
Why use a local professional when my project can be done from anywhere?
The most successful projects have one thing in common—a personal touch. Our experience tells us that to achieve a profitable working relationship, a writer or other professional should be available on-site for at least part of an assignment. This can involve full-time attendance for the length of a contract, periodic office visits for updates or in-person subject matter expert interviews, or merely a preliminary meeting. If you prefer the latter, we can find professionals willing and able to telecommute from their home offices. Quite simply, it’s up to you, the client, to determine the best fit for your needs.
What does it cost for WAI to send me candidates for our project?
- There is never a cost to you for a candidate search.
- We listen to your requirements and assess your needs. We’ll then identify two to four qualified professionals and send you their resumes and hourly rates, all within just a few days.
- After you have reviewed this information, you can elect to interview any of the candidates, as well as evaluate their samples/portfolios so you can choose the one that best suits your organization.
- Billing does not begin until the candidate you select starts work on your project.
How does WAI get paid for their staffing services?
Once you choose a candidate for your project, a standard agreement is completed between WAI and your company, as well as between WAI and the professional. As the project proceeds, the professional sends WAI timesheets for the hours worked, from which we invoice you every two weeks. Once we are paid, we pay our professionals for their time and keep a small percentage for our services.
Will I pay more by going through a service like WAI to find a writer or other professional?
No, you’ll find our rates for all of our professionals – technical writers. graphic designers, copywriters, medical writers, training writers and editors – very competitive and within the market range. In fact, when you consider the time and money you’ll save by allowing us to search, screen, and interview only the most qualified candidates for you at no charge, you’ll really appreciate the value you get with our services.
What do I need to provide to WAI to get started?
- What you need, including the type of writing or other professional services you need (user guide, brochure, web content, etc.)
- When you need the professional
- If you want the professional to work on site, off site, or both
- Your industry, audience, budget, any special requirements, your company name and contact information.
Be sure to provide:
- Your company name and contact information
- Relevant information about your industry and/or audience
- Your budget and any special requirements
Contact the pros at Writing Assistance, Inc. or just click the Get Started button on this page and we’ll take it from there.
More Resources for Hiring Companies
- Free downloads of project estimating guides and rate charts
- Free job description templates in MS Word format
- Hiring and staffing articles