Technical Writing for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Biotech Industries
Within the medical field, technical writing is essential during trials, studies, and other research schedules. On Wednesday December 01, 2010 at 08:00AM to Friday December 03, 2010 at 05:00PM, there will be a training seminar for using technical writing within these fields.
Perfect for professionals who handle technical writers in medical-related fields, this training course will cover these topics (according to the course website at http://www.cfpie.com/showitem.aspx?productid=077):
- Understand the mandates for documentation set forth by the regulators, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and other governing bodies
- Know how the reporting process supports products in research, development, and the marketplace
- Understand how documents work in tandem from initial correspondence about a project to an approved protocol, amendments, and final study report
- Know how to produce effective written correspondence
- Learn how to identify and understand the audience
- With the message in mind, learn how to create and structure reports
- Learn how to create effective, structured reports
- Learn how to use English grammar appropriately
- Recognize the difference between active and passive voice sentences.
- Understand how to use punctuation effectively.
- Learn the basics of reviewing and editing documents.
The course is a training course, so participants will need to be ready to learn and to use the ideas they are learning while in the course. The speakers are lively and engaging, helping to create a true learning environment, instead of simply a place in which conference-goers listen.
The conference, being put on by CfPIE (Center for Professional Innovation and Education), will be held at the Dolce Valley Forge Hotel, King of Prussia, PA — Dec. 01 – 03, 2010 – total cost is $2,350.00
Those who are interested can go to the website for more information: http://www.cfpie.com/showitem.aspx?productid=077