Last Revision: July, 2011
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us using the contact information below.
Information We Collect
Writing Assistance, Inc. is committed to helping match users who are seeking writing, instructional design, graphics design and related services (“Clients”) to users who are providers of those services (“Writers”). Accordingly, we collect user-submitted personally identifying information and other information specific to the services requested or provided. As part of providing you our services, we may obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us on forms that you enter on the Site or that you provide to us via email or other writing.
- Information that you provide to us by telephone.
- Information we receive electronically when you visit our web site. Please see “Cookies and other Technical Data” below.
- Information from third parties, including verification services, payment processing services, and other online and offline sources.
The information we collect may include: your name, company name, state or province, phone, email address and other information specific to the service requested or provided. If you become a Client we may collect your credit card information and billing address should you explicitly decide to participate in programs that require this information. If you become a registered Writer, we may collect your date of birth, company name (if applicable), ZIP codes served and other information you voluntarily provide. If you are a company or agency registering as a Writer, we may also collect information about the company including the tax ID, the year established, and the number of employees.
We may also collect information about third-party references from Writers. This information may include the name, phone number, and email address of the third-party reference. This information is collected so that a Client or Writing Assistance, Inc. acting on behalf of a Client can contact the third-party reference to verify information provided by the Writer. The information collected about third-party references will not be used for other purposes including marketing.
If you use our blog on this Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum.
We use the information we obtain to develop and deliver our services and to fulfill legal requirements. We limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers and to administer our business.
Providing your information is voluntary and you can always choose not to provide it by choosing not to use our Site, services, or features.
Cookies and Other Technical Data
As is true of most web sites, when you visit our Site we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. Our web hosting service and other third parties, including Google, gather technical information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, pages visited, manner of connection to the Internet, and referring URL. We use this information in aggregate to analyze trends and administer our service. The information that we collect through log files is not tied to personally identifiable information.
Third Party Information Sharing
The information collected by WritingAssist.com is used in the operation of the Site, including the sharing of certain Client information with prospective Writers and vice/versa.
- In order to provide our services, we may share any of the information we gather about you with agents and service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to consider Writers for employment, send email, or process credit card payments or direct banking deposits.
- We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate or required to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements with customers, to protect the rights, property or safety of Writing Assistance, Inc., our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If there is a change of control in Writing Assistance, Inc.’s business or the WritingAssist.com website (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), its customer information could be sold as part of that transaction and your personally identifying information potentially could be used by the purchaser. However, if that business materially changes this statement or the information-handling practices as described in this statement, you will be notified by email and/or through a notice posted on our Site, and you will have a choice as to whether your existing information is used in a new manner.
Writing Assistance, Inc. provides recipients the ability to opt-out of receiving email communications from us. If you wish to cease future communications, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of an email that you receive from us.
Writing Assistance, Inc. reserves the right to send you specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account. Administrative notices also include notifications of new messages or job postings in your area and responses to jobs that you have posted. You may not opt-out of receiving these administrative emails unless you notify us that you no longer wish to do business with Writing Assistance, Inc. or use the WritingAssist.com website.
How We Protect Your Information
Writing Assistance, Inc. is committed to earning and keeping your trust and we understand the need to keep your information secure and private. As a result we, our web hosting service and the online time tracking service we use for Writers have implemented industry-recognized safeguards to protect your information. These safeguards may include:
- Digital authentication services, security certificates, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and other forms of secure communications.
- Firewalls and system monitoring to protect against unauthorized access of our systems.
Please remember that you also play a valuable role in data security. You should never share your WritingAssist.com employee portal password with anyone. If you feel your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately by logging into your account within the employee portal and using the Change Password feature. After you have finished using our Site, you should log out of your account and exit your browser.
Contact for Privacy Related Issues
Writing Assistance, Inc.
3140 Harbor Lane
Plymouth, MN 55447
Phone: 877-392-9772 Fax: 763-551-9767